2. What do I say? Say Hello! There is a real person on the other end of the cam so treat them as such. Have a few brief questions and intro ready in your head to say to everyone who pops in. Hi, How are you? Where about's are you from? Cool username! (not if it is Donkeydick99, - that's fairly self explanatory, or at least he thinks it is) Have you had a good weekend? How's your day going? - You do end up typing these convo starters over and over again and you will get sick of them but it's a great way to break the ice and say hi. Lots of these customers will be new to this themselves and not sure what to say so be friendly and ask a couple of questions. The long term customers will often ask you these questions first and then go straight in with 'I love your tits in that outfit babe' Then of course you get the cheeky fuckers who like to bark orders rather than asking or even saying hi first. In my opinion these guys can bog off to one of the free sites, but if you fancy a bit of banter call them out on it.
After a couple of everyday questions you can move on to the real reason they are there, if they haven't already started down that route… So, are you enjoying the view? What turns you on? What are you into? These usually set them off chatting happily about their fave wanking habits and then they tell you what they want. Yes there are weirdo's, yes everyone has a weird kink, yes there will be some stuff you aren't into (just say no thanks) but I guarantee it will be hilarious and you will have a lot of fun.
In my opinion it is absolutely necessary to join a group so you can have the support of other guys and girls doing the same job. Someone to bounce ideas off, ask for advice, moan and rant at, and most of all laugh with, is so important when working from home as a cam girl. Of course, as with any industry there are dangers out there - all good cam service sites have a list of free sex advice and support services in their help section. You can find Adultworks page here.
Here at Honesty Cams we get asked so many questions about what it is really like becoming a cam girl.
There is loads of technical information and advice out there for which laptop and webcam you should get. However, once you are all set up, and software downloaded, you've had some training on how to use the website.... what do you actually do in front of the cam?
- What do I wear?
- How should I set my prices?
- What do I say when someone comes into my chat room?
- Do I have to show my face?
- What happens if they want me to do something I don't want to do?
All these questions and more can seem a bit scary when you first turn on that cam....
This blog, (over the next few posts) is hopefully going to answer a few of your questions and give you an idea of what you can expect when you become a cam girl. Feel free to find us on Facebook or Twitter and ask us your questions, we'd love to add them into our blog.
For now and to get you started, here is our first top tip!
1. Be real! - It's great to have a 'personality', either be yourself or pick a persona thats close to it. You'll need a 'cam name' anyway so take a bit of time to think about who this person is and what she likes. Is she a cheeky minx, that likes to take the piss, or a bit of a dominatrix who expects to be worshipped? Whatever you decide, keep it simple and authentic. The majority of customers come on these sites and pay for your time because they want to meet a person NOT a barbie doll porn star. If they want free porn they can go to www.pornhub.com (which, by the way, is a great place to do some research!) So take some time and think about your avatar, likes/dislikes, what they do for fun and bring a bit of yourself into it.